A strategy project for Cloud Nine
Finding searches on new channels
Strategy case studies
How we helped Cloud Nine find an extra 5m searches a month
that their competitors weren't targeting
Cloud Nine are a leading hair styler manufacturer competing against the likes of GHD, Mark Hill and Dyson Hair.
They came to us to improve revenue from organic SEO for their ecommerce site, particularly working with our strategy team to help both drive demand for their brand and products but also make them more discoverable as a brand on digital/search channels.
When competing on Google, Cloud Nine was competing against big retailers and beauty press affiliates. Cloud Nine challenged our strategy team to find untapped opportunities with low competition but high reward. They also challenged us to show them real consumer insight, who was searching for what they sell, where, how often and how much attention they steal. This then formed a strategic plan to increase attention across digital channels in order to drive growth.
WHAT WE DID
Our strategy team performed a discovery project for Cloud Nine presenting:
- A whole keyword universe and search intent (what are people searching for and the intent behind those keywords)
- Audience interests, shopping behaviours and user journey, how they discover brands and products and their motivations
- Search everywhere - where those customers spend their time searching, what channels and how much attention do we currently steal
- Competitor gap analysis - what gaps their competitors aren't going after and therefore low hanging fruit
- Emerging trends and recent trends for early mover advantages
- Opportunity analysis - what is the value of the opportunity we can steal
We found an extra 5m of searches a month that competitors were not targeting that we could go after. We showed Cloud Nine the full user search journey and how much attention they could steal with a strategy to go after each channel's gaps. We found keywords with over 400K monthly searches which no-one was going after.
Our data highlighted the top trending keywords on all social channels, and that TikTok was the key platform for their audiences search behaviours. This helped us form a full funnel channel strategy based on keyword universe and intent.