SEO AND CONTENT STRATEGY DIRECTOR
Sheffield - Manchester - London
The strategy team provides the building blocks of everything we do at Rise at Seven. We craft insight driven, digital marketing strategies based upon a rigorous audience and search discovery process that gets the very best results for our clients. We are now seeking to expand the core strategy team with the role of SEO and Content Strategy Director. Reporting directly to the Executive Strategy Director you will work closely within the strategy team and with wider agency colleagues on a range of existing client strategy, content and SEO projects. You will take a business leadership role to define the strategy on new business briefs and across key SEO and content marketing clients. We are looking for someone who champions a modern approach to content and SEO and who understands how audience behaviour impacts customer search journeys, and the pivotal role great content plays in the exposure, consideration and decision making phase of customers' online experiences.
We are looking for someone with an extensive background in SEO and content marketing and who truly understands the commercial impact these channels can have for clients. You will need experience in being able to demonstrate channel value and communicate effectively with existing and potential clients why SEO and content marketing should be a fundamental part of their digital marketing mix.
You should be able to flex your skills and experience at both a strategic and hands-on level. You will be operating across several key accounts at Rise and will be charged with defining and executing a range of content marketing and non technical SEO related projects.
YOUR SHOULD APPLY IF
- High standards come naturally to you, you’re strategically minded, organised, driven, take pride in your work and thrive off seeing something through from start to finish.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of the principles of SEO and Content Marketing - circa 5 years plus agency or client side experience.
- You have a thorough understanding of the principles of strategy development, the ability to run a digital marketing discovery process end to end, and communicate the ‘so what’ to our clients in both a new and existing business context.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of key digital data technologies SEOMonitor, ahrefs, SEMRush, ContentKing, GA and GSC. Any experience of GA4 or working knowledge of this platform would be an advantage.
- You have excellent communication skill and are fully confident and experienced in new business pitches (F2F and digitally), working with senior level client stakeholders to understand their business challenges and devise workable solutions to ensure full client buy in to the strategy being presented
- You're a born leader and influential. You should be able to utilise your gravitas to maximum effect with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You are a superb creative at heart. You will relish thinking creatively about a brief or business solution devising effective content and SEO strategies that deliver commercially for our clients.
- Work directly with the Executive Strategy Director and Head of Content Marketing to grow this element of the agency. Assisting with product proposition development, product marketing content, new business pitches and any external speaking opportunities as relevant to the agencies growth plans
- Leadership role within the Senior Management team you will support, mentor and help develop members of the Rise team and always be on hand to share your positivity and expertise across the business
- Commercially savvy and with experience in costing and managing SEO and content marketing projects. Experience utilising agency work flow/project management software such as Mavenlink, Basecamp, Asana, Team Work etc
- Play a hands on role in content marketing strategies, you will carry out content audits and gap analysis, keyword research and competitor analysis to become the expert in your clients’ content requirements
- Use this analysis to create award winning content strategies that deliver tangible, SEO and commercial results
- Roadmap 6-12 month content strategies and lead progress on delivery, ensuring deadlines are met throughout
- Build strong relationships with your clients, keeping them informed of our work at every step and becoming a trusted, expert resource for them. Working in partnership with our CS team as a key senior client contact
- Measure the impact of our work - from ranking changes through to impact on organic traffic, revenue and assisted conversions - and communicate this clearly and transparently to your clients
It’s a bonus if you have an understanding of content design!
- You will be given a dedicated portfolio of key clients to own and you’ll be challenged with retaining and expanding content strategy and SEO retainers
- You will be part of a core senior team working on new business pitches and expected to take the strategic lead on allocated briefs working directly with the New Business Director and agency colleagues
- You’ll develop, execute and report on SEO focused content strategies for your portfolio of clients across a number of industries
- You’ll carry out content gap analyses to identify untapped opportunities and lead the strategy for new content ideas from this analysis
- You’ll carry out content audits to identify areas of weakness and strategise solutions to improve visibility, usability and conversion
- You’ll carry out keyword research, search intent analysis, customer journey mapping and internal linking audits
- You’ll execute your content strategies across a range of key clients month to month, carrying out further SERPs research to inform briefs to be executed by both our copywriters and clients’ inhouse copywriting teams
- You’ll build strong relationships with your portfolio of clients through clear, transparent and regular communication
- You’ll take responsibility for the delivery of all content strategy work on your client accounts and own the results of your work
- You’ll work across a number of projects and retainers at an efficient pace to hit deadlines and deliver excellent work within budget
- You’ll work with client services to ensure internal teams and up to date on progress and provide a valuable input to client meetings and reports
- You’ll work within our SEO and strategy teams to identify key areas of opportunity for clients and build out strategies to contribute to account-wide objectives
- You’ll work closely with the PR team to identify opportunities to amplify onsite content through reactive and planned PR
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous holidays scheme
- Birthday off
- Christmas and New Year shut down
- Regular socials
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave schemes
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Bucket list scheme - an opportunity to experience a life dream!
At Rise At Seven we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, religious beliefs, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
SOUND A BIT LIKE YOU?
Send your CV or something similar to email@example.com