PR DATA ANALYST
Sheffield | Manchester | London
Do you possess the ability to tell stories through data? Can you spot trends and ideas where others only see numbers? Are you as comfortable using tools like Buzzsumo as you are in a brainstorm coming up with clever story ideas? Then we have the role for you.
Spanning earned media, content and data, the PR Data Analyst helps tell stories through search and other insights like client data, sales, and third-party data. You will collaborate with PR client teams to research, create and activate engaging and clear data-led stories that make the news and meet clients’ KPIs. You will help bring data to life, creating story angles, reports, and content that drive traffic, social shares and press mentions/links. You will have a journalist’s eye for structuring stories using data, written content and visual graphics.
The PR Data Analyst role will also suit those with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will get to work closely with the Board and senior management to help scale data storytelling as a service offering at Rise at Seven, and you can play a part in eventually building data storytelling into an established revenue stream. Regardless, you will possess a commercial mindset for spotting opportunities and upselling data-led projects to PR clients.
As well as an affinity with data you will be a news and culture junkie. From Westminster to Love Island, you will have your finger on the pulse of the news and cultural agenda and how it all plays out in social and traditional media. You can take data, marry it to what’s happening in the world, and get everyone talking..
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First port of call for all data needs in PR including data research, data reporting, data visualisations and data tools
- Work with PR to ensure data stories are linkable and newsworthy at all times
- Work with the PR, content and social teams on data needs for campaigns and other activity - identify what’s needed and advise how to get the results including when to escalate to the data team.
- Write data reports for clients that position us as experts with links from the media as the goal
- Use relevant tools like Google Insights, YouGov, Gov.uk, and third party tools like Statista, to support PR storytelling with data, or identify new stories from data research
- Analyse, create and update ways of working to make us faster and more efficient e.g master seeding lists per sector that we work in
- Work with PR teams to create clear and viable content and studio briefs
- Take full ownership of data reports from start to end
- Spot areas of upsell for clients and growth - how can the agency scale data reports and industry specific thought leadership
- Visualise data through data viz tools including web3, Flourish and Tableau.
- Manage and create better internal processes to track client performance for heads of departments. This could include things like insights on how we can be more efficient and constantly innovate, plus quarterly reviews to identify what makes campaigns perform most strongly (and use this to improve future campaigns) EG which nationals give followed links vs no followed, average DA for industries, % of follow vs no follow per industry.
- Produce regular detailed content marketing reports for Rise at Seven to use for PR and social to position ourselves as leaders in our space and create better rankings
- Deep understanding of PR and what makes a story newsworthy
- News and culture fan
- Gets data and the tools needed to gather search, retail, sales, behaviour, opinions and other insights
- Understanding of internal linking within campaign copy and ability to identify the most valuable internal links
- An ability to pull stories from lots of data, analytical mindset and answer the 'so what?' question behind the observed numbers and patterns
- The ability to communicate complex insights in a relatable way
- Understand how to write for SEO to increase rankings of reports
- Familiarity with data tools and data viz
- Creativity in terms of turning data into stories
- Collaborative and able to work with multiple teams at Rise
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a PR or SEO agency
EXTRA USEFUL SKILLS
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as Flourish, Google Data Studio Looker or Tableau.
- Preferably some Python experience.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous holiday scheme
- Your Birthday off
- Christmas and New Year office shut down
- Regular socials
- Access to a private medical scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave schemes
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Bucket list scheme - an opportunity to experience a life dream!
At Rise At Seven we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, religious beliefs, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
SOUND LIKE A BIT OF YOU?
Send your CV or something similar to email@example.com